The Greene PTA hosts programs and events to strengthen our community. Please check our Google calendar for actual dates/ times of events. Also, subscribe to the Greene PTA eNews and be a member of our Greene Middle School community on UpToUs.
Back to School!
- Bike Safety Fair – Typically held a day or two before school starts, the Greene PTA hosts a Bike Safety Fair – one session for incoming 6th grade students and another for rising 7th and 8th graders.
- Parent Network – Middle school for Parents can be confusing and challenging, and some parents may feel a little lost. We want parents to turn to each other for information and connection. To help foster relationships, Greene PTA hosts Parent Network coffees, topic talks, and socials.
- One week after school begins, the Greene PTA hosts a BACK TO SCHOOL SOCIAL – Everyone is Welcome! This is an all-community event for the Greene community to greet old friends and make new ones.
- Direct Ask and other Fundraising campaigns – Every year, the Greene PTA raises money to support our school and to strengthen our community.
- Fall Cotillion Dance Classes – A Jaguar tradition for more than a decade. Cotillion Dance teaches our students ballroom dance and proper etiquette and is open to all Greene students for a nominal fee.
- Ice Skating Parties – Each year, the Greene PTA hosts 2 Ice Skating Parties: one for 6th graders only, the other for both 7th and 8th graders.
Throughout the School Year
- Just Parties! is our most popular community-building and fundraising campaign. Parents come together to co-host parties of different themes and other parents purchase “tickets” to attend those parties. All ticket proceeds go to the Greene PTA.
- Parent Education provides workshops or lectures related to education and children’s development.
- Staff Appreciation We are so grateful for our ~120 teachers and staff members and we show our appreciation through a number of events throughout the school year.
- eNews – Each Sunday, the PTA publishes a comprehensive eNewsletter which details upcoming activities.
- UpToUs – our Online Directory and Volunteer Sign Up system
- International Night – This Greene PTA event brings together families showcasing our different heritages through food, art, music, and dance.
- 8th Grade Promotion Party – The Greene PTA hosts the annual 8th grade graduation party on the last day of the school year. It is an event designed for all 8th graders at Greene Middle School to have fun and create more memories with their schoolmates before heading off to their high school life.