In addition to providing Greene Middle School with funding and parent volunteers for their programs, the Greene PTA also hosts its own programs. Please look to our Calendar to find this year’s dates and times for both school and PTA activities. We hope to see you there !
Back to School!
- Convivio Familiar en Greene (originally BTS Social) – Everyone is Welcome! This is an all-community event for the Greene community to reconnect after a long summer break. Hosted the by Greene PTA.
- Bike Safety Fair: Greene PTA supports the school’s Health & Safety program by providing parent volunteers and funding for our annual bike and helmet checks, working with the City of Palo on traffic safety issues, and encouraging alternative methods for commuting to campus though special events.
- Greene 101: Greene 101 offers tours to new families of our campus, followed by Q&A hosted by PTA members. In addition, there will be booths with campus organizations, such as Sports programs, Just Parties, Science Fair, etc. to answer questions.
- Jaguar Journey: A 2-day orientation program managed by the school specifically for 6th grade students. Greene PTA recruits parent volunteers to support the program. Jaguar Journey normally takes place on the first 2 days of school.
- Teacher & Staff Back to School Luncheon – Greene PTA hosts the annual luncheon on the first teacher workday of the school year in the Fall. This is a very popular event for the staff.
- Just Parties – A community-building and a major fundraising program. Parents get together to co-host parties of different themes and other parents purchase “tickets” to attend those parties. All ticket proceeds go to the Greene PTA.
- Cotillion – A Jaguar tradition for more than a decade. 30% of proceeds go to the PTA. Coordinated and supported by the Greene PTA, Cotillion teaches our students ballroom dance and proper etiquette. Cotillion Dance is open to all Greene students for a nominal fee.
- Science Fair – Greene PTA partners with the school staff to provide parent volunteers and funding for the annual Greene Science Fair.
- Book Fair – Greene PTA recruits parent volunteers to support the school library to run book fairs in the Fall and Spring. >40% of book sale $ goes to the Greene MS Library.
- International Night – A community event planned and funded by the Greene PTA. The event brings together all families showcasing our different heritages through food, art, music, and dance.
- Grade-level Ice Skating Parties – Greene PTA provides parent volunteers and coordinates annual grade-level ice skating parties at the Winter Lodge in Palo Alto.
- Teacher & Staff Valentines Luncheon – Greene PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate the annual luncheon in early February for all teachers and staff.
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Greene PTA provides volunteers and funding to coordinate this annual event close to the end of the school year. It is a great way for students to show how much they appreciate their teachers who have done for them during the school year.
- Promotion Party – Greene PTA provides parent volunteers and coordinates the annual 8th grade graduation party on the last day of the school year. It is an event designed for all 8th graders at Greene Middle School to have fun and create more memories with their schoolmates before heading off to their high school life.
Throughout the School Year
- Parent Education – Joint events run and funded together with the other two middle schools in Palo Alto, the Parent Education program provides workshops or lectures related to education and children’s development.
- Parent Network – A quarterly meeting for parents of each grade to meet and sharing their ideas and experiences in parenting and school education.
- Green Team – Greene PTA provides volunteers to support green initiatives on campus and coordinate with the PTAC Green Team.
- Student Directory – Greene PTA gathers contact information for all students, and formats it in a Directory to be distributed to all Greene Middle School families. The Greene PTA also funds all printing costs for the paper directory when requested by families. For the online directory, please log in UptoUs.
- Lively Arts – Greene PTA provides funding for three, one per grade level, special arts performances put on by notable performing artists such as the Stanford’s Taiko Group, Spoken Word Collective and Talisman.
- Monthly Teacher & Staff Coffees – Greene PTA provides coffee and bagels to all teachers and staff once a month to put a smile on their faces and let them know how much parents appreciate all they do for our children.
- Family Buddies – Greene PTA provides volunteers and funding to bring new and existing Greene families together to provide support for new Greene families.
- Meals on Wheels – Greene PTA provides volunteers who coordinate meals for Greene families who are going through difficult times due to a death in the family, job loss, etc.