To build the school and the community that we want for our families. For 2020-2021, we believe that bringing our community together and supporting mental health will be prevalent themes.
|We accomplish this by:||What it may look like in 2020-2021:|
|Hosting community building events|
* Most likely through Zoom/teleconferencing to start – hopefully small group in-person gatherings later in the school year.
* At this time, large GPTA gatherings (e.g. Back To School Social, Just Parties Kick-Off) are on hold.
* Staff Appreciation events will be retooled pending PAUSD and County health guidelines.
* Will be centered around Parent Education topics, as well as around Advisory Team parent communities.
|Recruiting parents to volunteer to support school curriculum, enrichment activities, and community building events|
* At this time, In-person/On-campus parent volunteers are not permitted.
* The PTA will be looking for parents to host Just Parties fundraisers – both virtual ones and later on when permitted, in-person parties! Creative ideas and willing hosts wanted. Please stay tuned.
|Fundraising to supplement the school‘s budget to ensure teachers and staff have the materials and equipment they need to implement the curriculum||If there could be one certainty about the new school year – it will be that parents and the community will be asked to come together to financially supplement district and state funding. |
However, we are mindful of some families’ changed economic situation and will shift budget from canceled PTA activities to school/supplies support to help meet our students’ needs.
Where did the PTA spend 2019-2020 parent donations?
Where will the PTA spend 2020-2021 parent donations?
|Providing information to our families about programs and events happening at school and in the community|
* Will continue as usual through GPTA’s eNews and UpToUs posts.
* Informal posts by parents and community members are encouraged through the Facebook private group: Greene Middle School Parent Community.