All PTA Board members participate in monthly PTA meetings (there are 9 total: 5 Board only meetings + 4 General Association) to share updates and coordinate their events, programs, and activities.
President and Executive Vice President (EVP)
- Sets the tone for all PTA events, programs and activities. We want everyone feel welcome within our community. Middle school can be daunting for parents. The PTA serves to smooth the transition for parents from elementary school to middle school
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the board to run the PTA effectively to support our Mission in accordance with our bylaws
- Maintains an effective partnership with the Principal and school staff to ensure PTA programs and events supports Greene’s Vision and Values
- Oversees budget: income/primarily the Back To School Direct Ask campaign and expenses/spending
- Designated as an authorized signer for PTA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment.
- Presides over PTA Board and Association meetings. Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of Greene PTA. Works with other PTA leaders in PAUSD to connect families, school and community to support student success
- Maintains permanent records to track unit funds and financial transactions
- Chairs the budget committee and prepares the annual budget for adoption by the association
- Oversees the collection of funds. Maintains online systems/webstore(s) to collect funds.
- Pays all PTA bills as authorized by board or association
- Prepares reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance, or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by their due dates
- Takes minutes at board and association meetings. Maintains and preserves PTA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
- Co-signs formal papers with president: authorizations for payment, resolutions and formal letters
VP of Communications:
- Oversees PTA communication, focusing on reaching and informing parents of school and PTA events, programs, and activities
- Oversees our Website, weekly eNews, and social media platform(s)
- Works with the School, PTA Board members and Chairs to roll out clear and efficient communication
VP of Fundraising:
Oversees our Fundraising programs (except the Back to School Direct Ask campaign): Fundraising Parties, Harvest Bake Sale, and Holiday Market.
VP of Parent Network/Education:
- Hosts and recruits other parents to host Parent Socials by grade-level or by team throughout the school year, including Aug/Sept for Back To School, Nov for Fall, and Mar/April for Spring.
- Co-hosts with the President and EVP Coffees for Incoming 6th Grade Parents in Feb.
- Coordinates with other Middle School VPs of Parent Network/Education to co-host Joint Parent Education topics and speakers.
VPs of Events and Appreciation:
- Organizes appreciation events for Greene Staff: Back To School Staff Luncheon, Monthly Treats, the Valentine’s Staff Luncheon, and the Spring Staff Appreciation Week
- Hosts and recruits co-hosts for a Back To School Social, Winter Social, and/or Spring Social
- Collects volunteer hours for PTA meetings and events for our tax filing with the IRS
- Completes and submits the PTA Unit-Annual Historian Report to council/district PTA
- Captures, assembles and preserves record of activities and achievements of a PTA and presents brief overview of PTA year at meeting near the end of the school year and/or in the eNewsletter
- Assists the president to manage meetings and advises on parliamentary procedure
- Chairs bylaws committee to review unit bylaws each year and revise bylaws every three years
- Arranges nominating committee’s first meeting, providing information on nomination and election process
- Along with Audit Committee, performs monthly audit reconciling PTA records with bank statement(s) – present monthly report at Board/Association meeting
- Performs 2 audits July 01-Dec31 and Jan01-Jun30 reconciling the books and financial records of PTA to determine their accuracy. Presents written reports on audits to the board and the association for adoption.
- Forwards copies of adopted audits to council/district PTA as indicated in unit bylaws