All PTA Board members participate in monthly PTA meetings (there are 9 total: 5 Board only meetings + 4 General Association) to share updates and coordinate their events, programs, and activities.
President and Executive Vice President (EVP)
- Sets the tone for all PTA events, programs and activities – we want everyone feel welcome within our community. Middle school can be daunting for parents – the PTA serves to smooth the transition for parents from elementary school to middle school.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the board to run the PTA effectively to support our Mission, in accordance with our Greene PTA bylaws and in alignment with the school’s vision and values.
- Oversees budgets: income/fundraising and expenses/spending. Designated as an authorized signer for PTA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment.
- Presides over PTA Board and Association meetings. Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of Greene PTA. Works with other PTA leaders in PAUSD to connect families, school and community to support student success
- Maintains permanent records to track unit funds and financial transactions
- Chairs the budget committee and prepares the annual budget for adoption by the association
- Pays all PTA bills as authorized by board or association
- Prepares reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
- Oversees distribution of and collection of funds from single check form at the start of the year
- Maintains online web store to collect funds for events
- Takes minutes at board and association meetings
- Co-signs formal papers with president: authorizations for payment, resolutions and formal letters
- Handles PTA correspondence as directed by the president
- Maintains and preserves PTA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
VP of Communications:
- Oversees PTA communication, focusing on reaching and informing parents, as well as promoting school and PTA events, programs, and activities.
- Recruits Chairs for our Website, eNews, Volunteer Coordination
- Works with other PTA Board members and Chairs to roll out clear and efficient communication materials.
VP of Ways and Means:
Recruits Chairs for: Cotillion Dance, Just Parties, Ice Skating, and 8th Grade Promotion Party. Oversees/approves each Program’s budget and progress.
VP of Parent Network/Education:
Recruits Parent Network Chairs. Assists chairs in organizing socials and parent ed gatherings. Coordinates with other Middle School VPs of Parent Network/Education to co-host Joint Parent Education topics and speakers.
VPs of Events and Appreciation:
- Events for the Community: Recruits Chairs for our Fall Back To School Social and for our Winter International Fair
- Appreciation events for our Staff: Recruits Chairs for Back To School Staff Luncheon, the Valentine’s Staff Luncheon, and the Spring Staff Luncheon. Arranges the monthly Bagel Breakfast and Latte Cart for the Staff.
- Assists the president to manage meetings and advises on parliamentary procedure
- Chairs bylaws committee to review unit bylaws each year and revise bylaws every three years
- Arranges nominating committee’s first meeting, providing information on nomination and election process
- Audits the books and financial records of PTA to determine their accuracy
- Presents written reports on audits to the board and the association for adoption
- Forwards copies of adopted audits to council/district PTA as indicated in unit bylaws