I hope that you have had a chance to review Palo Alto Unified School District Superintendent, Dr. Don Austin’s 3.13.2020 Message to the Community re: School Closures. If you have not, please review his message below.
Just before noon today, the Santa Clara County Health Department declared that all public schools in the county will close effective Monday, March 16, 2020. Our school will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 10.
We understand this decision may present challenges for you and your loved ones. On Monday, March 16th Flexible Learning Options will be available for our students via Schoology. These materials were initially designed to provide options for supporting families who chose to keep their children at home; however, as our schools are now officially closed, our staff teams will be reevaluating these resources as we work to maintain academic continuity for students during the current closure period. Although these resources do not replicate the learning experiences that occur in our classrooms, we hope they can offer some level of support by maintaining essential skills and a sense of routine for your child.
If your family would like to borrow a Chromebook in order to access online resources, please complete this Google Form and come to the school site on Monday, March 16th between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM to check out devices for student use. If you are unable to come to the school office on Monday morning, please contact your child’s counselor or administrator to coordinate borrowing a Chromebook.
- Principal: Valerie Royaltey-Quandt firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th Grade Assistant Principal: Mimi Kwon email@example.com
- 7th Grade Assistant Principal: Magdalena Fittoria firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Dean: Ana Reyes email@example.com
- 6th Grade Counselor: Kylie Payne firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade Counselor: Meghan Ben email@example.com
- 8th Grade Counselor: Susan Curry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tier 1 Counselor: Betty Krumbolz email@example.com
- We would like to encourage everyone to stay home. While schools are closed, supervision is not provided. We are making every effort to clean our campuses and uphold social distancing guidelines.
- If your family has recently contacted the school attendance office to report a voluntary exclusion from school, no further action on your part is needed at this time.
- Additional information will continue to be shared throughout the school closure period as it becomes available.
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we all navigate through this unique situation. Please take care of yourself and each other, while taking every precaution that you can to be well.