“Every Child. One Voice.” The Parent Teacher Association’s (PTA) mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. One way we live that mission at Greene is by working to eliminate barriers to access so that all Greene students can explore and participate in the wide range of activities and programs our school offers.
In order to support our work, we are asking each family to donate $300 per student this school year. Your donation will help us fund curriculum, enrichment programs, and community-building activities such as:
- School supplies for all students
- Lunch Clubs, including yearbook, library, and YCS
- After School Enrichment Programs, including our award-winning SciOly, AMC8, and MathCounts programs
- Homework Habitat is a program providing a supportive after-school environment for all students to complete school assignments and homework
- Storytelling workshops in English and Social Studies
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Parent/caregiver socials, including “Just Parties”
- Parent Network events for all grade levels throughout the school year
- And more! https://greene.pausd.org/school-life/discover-the-greene-difference
Please join us in our efforts by donating to the Greene PTA HERE. The Full Package includes the donation ($300), a PTA membership ($10), and a donation to our Staff Appreciation Gift Card fund ($20, all with 1-click. There is also a Write In Your Own Donation – every dollar helps us build the community that we want for our students, staff, and families. Thank you!
Corporate Matching. Please ask your employer if they will match your charitable giving. Many companies and organizations use the third-party company: Benevity. Corporate Matching can substantially increase your gift and your donation’s impact!
Greene PTA Tax ID#: 94-6172286.
Student Picture Day is scheduled for Thursday and Friday (August 10-11). Photos will be taken for all students during their scheduled PE class on these days. If you would like to order photos online (https://my.lifetouch.com) use Greene’s picture day ID code: EVT86F9XS
Greene 101- Monday, August 7th @ 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Greene Middle School Multi Purpose Room
Greene 101 is an opportunity for incoming 6th-grade and new-to-Greene/PAUSD parents and caregivers to get an overview of Greene and the start of the school year from the Principal, Assistant Principals, and the PTA. Bring your questions and get to know the space while your students learn the safest route to school.
Bike Safety Clinic – Bike Repair, Safe Routes to School, and Popsicles!
Monday, August 7th @ 1 – 5 pm
Free Bike Repair (for Greene Students only (mini-tune-ups for air, brake, and chain) will be made at Greene in the California Ave Parking lot. Quality bike locks, helmets, and more will also be available for purchase. Sign up here to schedule a repair!
- The repairs are for one bike per current Greene student
- You are responsible for picking up your bike by 5 pm. After 5 pm, bikes will be left unattended
- We will repair flat tires with new tubes. If you need a new outer tire, you must provide it. The mechanics will install it for you
- Please bring your helmet. We will check if it fits properly
We need parent volunteers for this event. Please sign up here!